Social Media Calendar – The boom of social media sites over the past decade has facilitated a transformation in the way humans communicate with each other. I found a very good overview picture that shows at which time which social media sites has been popular.
Matt Cutts from the search quality team explains how Google Social Search works.
Google Wave – Google are unveiling the Google Wave, a new collaboration and communication product. Google Wave is in many ways very innovative because it will combinate many services in once browser Window like e-mail, messaging, microblogging, games, chat, picture services, wikis, maps, a groupware, etc.. For many reasons I think Google waves will be revolutionary and successful tool. First it open source, second its build from the Rasmussen Brothers (they have built the success of google maps too) and third it meets from my point of view the need of the social media future.
1. Google Wave Cinema: Pulp Fiction
2. Google Wave Cinema: Good Will Hunting
3. Google Wave Overview
4. Google Wave: 15 features
5. Google Wave Made Simple
6. Google Wave Gadget Demo
7. Hr processing in Google Wave
8. Google Wave on iPhone (dev preview)/object>
9. Google Wave presentation – Abridged
10. Hier die offizielle Vorstellung von Google Wave:
Here are some more informations about Google Wave: Register your self to be one of the first guys using google waves ;-):
Hi it’s Real Time Search Time!
While Google, Microsoft and Wolfram Alpha have dreamed from higher quality search results for users, some start-ups-like Topsy, Scoopler and almost.at have launched Real Time Search Engines
These start up companies have realised that there is a problem created by the rapid growing and huge volume of information created by real-time-Web technologies, with other words a new web age has begun, an age of user generated content and in other way than many people thought, users much interested in other users content, maybe this is because people have lost there trust in the mainstream medias.
Google already owns some of the sources that deliver results for Real Time Search, like for sample YouTube.
But there is another resource for user generated content that has grown extreme within the last 12 month, its Twitter and as Twitter is the fastest growing resource for user generated content, it shouldn’t wonder that Google is much interest in Twitter.
What are oil wells for the Oil industry are sources for user generated content for the New Economy.
So the question: Is Google interested in Twitter?
Is like the question: Is ExxonMobil or Royal Dutch Shell interested in new oil wells.
According to The Wall Street Journal’s All Things Digital, it was reported (from an undisclosed source) that Twitter is currently in advance talks with both Internet Titans, Google and Microsoft.
So Twitter will sell there Oil – a sorry user generated content to whom ever will pay most and still now they aren’t stupid, they don’t sell the content source at all (the oil well) they just sell the content (the oil), so this looks for me like Twitter will make good money in future.
So as this is still a SEO and Social Media Video Blog and not just a Blog here are some Videos to the Topic Real Time Search:
Real-Time Web Search – Tekzilla Daily Tip
Twitter Search in Plain English
The User-Generated, Real-Time Web – Steve Jurvetson
Real Time With Bill Maher: New Rule Search (HBO)
Tom Murphy of Revenue discusses User Generated Content at SES San Jose 2009
Here is some links to other websources for this topic Real Time Search:
Real Time Search – Is It The End of Traditional Search?
Here are some Real Time Search Links:
Twitter will offer business premium accounts with end of this year. I think this Twitter Premium Accounts is what much Twitter users, who want use Twitter for promote there business are already waiting for, Premium Twitter Accounts will make accounts more stabile. Today, even if you use Twitter in an ethical and correct way you will never be 100% sure that your Twitter Account will not be suspended.
There are pundits who believe that the only way Twitter will be able to make real money would be by selling advertising on its sites.
I think Twitter is right now one of the best mediums to build a personal or a business network, there was never before an easier or faster way to come in contact with people who interest in your person or business.
Twitter delivers “great value”, so I think the only thing Twitter has to do is to make itself to the product. What means Twitter is something like a social media marketing application provider and every one who want use there application professional will pay for it. That’s just it, there is nothing complicate in this.
Let’s face the possibilities of Twitter, what could Twitter offer to Premium Account Holders:
- own Top Level Domains for there Twitter Micro Blog
- the possibility to give Own Content Widgets in the sidebar
- the possibility to include own adsense or little banner ads in the sidebar or between the tweets
- the possibility to include follow links to your business website in the profile
- the possibility to add one informative profile page to your micro Blog like its possible by flickr (flickr Profil Ortwin Oberhauser/)
- the possibility to add more than 1000 followers a day lets say 2000
- the possibility to add lists and groups addicted to your favourite topic
- statistics that shows you how many people have read tweets or have visited your profile and even exact who like in Xing
and so on.
So now my question and please be honest, how much would you be ready to pay monthly for all this advantages? Please let me know in your comment to this post?
Here some Video to the Topic Twitter Premium Account :
Did You Know 4.0?
- A surge of new technologies and social media innovations is altering the media landscape.
- Convergence is everywhere. It’s easier than ever to reach a large audience, but harder than ever to really connect with it.
- These changes are affecting the way people behave. Are you ready for the future?
- Well over 1.000.000 books are published worldwide every year.
- A Google Book scanner can digitize 1.000 pages every hour.
- Americans have access to over: 1.000.000.000.000 web pages, 65.000 iPhone apps, 10.500 radio stations, 5.500 magazines, 200+ cable tv networks
- There are 240.000.000 TVs in the U.S.. 2.000.000 are in bath rooms.
- When was the last time you read a newspaper in the loo?
- Print circulation: Newspaper circulation is down 7 million over the last 25 years. Online Readers: But in the last 5 years, unique readers of online newspapers are up 30 million.
- This year, traditional advertising is in steep decline. Newspapers 18,7 %, TV 10,1 %, Radio 11,7 %, Magacines 14,8 %.
- Meanwhile, digital advertising is growing rapidly. Mobil 18,1 %, Web 9,2 %
This is another official update to the original “Shift Happens” video. This completely new Fall 2009 version includes facts and stats focusing on the changing media landscape, including convergence and technology, and was developed in partnership with The Economist. For more information, or to join the conversation, please visit mediaconvergence.economist.com and shifthappens.wikispaces.com.
Check the Did You Know 4.0 Video:
Content by XPLANE, The Economist, Karl Fisch, Scott McLeod and Laura Bestler. Music by DoKashiteru, “Home Tonight.” Design and development by XPLANE, http://www.xplane.com. You can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/xplane
SEO vs Social Media
Hi, I was asked in a SEO Workshop, “Why do you like this Social Media Communities so much?” all Links there are “nofollow”.
Is this really the Question nofollow or follow.
Isn’t Twitter the first real time search engine that delivers results from top actual user-generated content?
Aren’t there 8 Social Media Communities in the top 20 by alexa.com Germany and only 3 real search engines?
How can it be wrong for a SEO to be interested in Social Media?
Here is a very good Video to this Topic:
How to Get Twitter Re-Tweets
Rand is talking about how to Get Twitter Re-Tweets, he explain what you can do to increase the likelihood of getting yourself re-tweeted. As Twitter is a traffic driver, just improve the likelihood of your tweets going viral via re-tweeting.
How cool are thisEvian Babies, top sample for :