Did You Know 4.0?
- A surge of new technologies and social media innovations is altering the media landscape.
- Convergence is everywhere. It’s easier than ever to reach a large audience, but harder than ever to really connect with it.
- These changes are affecting the way people behave. Are you ready for the future?
- Well over 1.000.000 books are published worldwide every year.
- A Google Book scanner can digitize 1.000 pages every hour.
- Americans have access to over: 1.000.000.000.000 web pages, 65.000 iPhone apps, 10.500 radio stations, 5.500 magazines, 200+ cable tv networks
- There are 240.000.000 TVs in the U.S.. 2.000.000 are in bath rooms.
- When was the last time you read a newspaper in the loo?
- Print circulation: Newspaper circulation is down 7 million over the last 25 years. Online Readers: But in the last 5 years, unique readers of online newspapers are up 30 million.
- This year, traditional advertising is in steep decline. Newspapers 18,7 %, TV 10,1 %, Radio 11,7 %, Magacines 14,8 %.
- Meanwhile, digital advertising is growing rapidly. Mobil 18,1 %, Web 9,2 %
This is another official update to the original “Shift Happens” video. This completely new Fall 2009 version includes facts and stats focusing on the changing media landscape, including convergence and technology, and was developed in partnership with The Economist. For more information, or to join the conversation, please visit mediaconvergence.economist.com and shifthappens.wikispaces.com.
Check the Did You Know 4.0 Video:
Watch this video on YouTube.
Content by XPLANE, The Economist, Karl Fisch, Scott McLeod and Laura Bestler. Music by DoKashiteru, “Home Tonight.” Design and development by XPLANE, http://www.xplane.com. You can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/xplane