- China will soon become the Number One English speaking country in the world.
- India has more honors kids than America has kids.
- The top 10 in demand jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004
- We are currently preparing students for jobs that don't yet exist ...
- We using technologies that haven't been invented in order to solve problems we don't even know are problems yet.
This Video was one of the first “Did You Know?” Videos. I like all of these Did You Know Videos they open our eyes and gives us a more global view on things that’s going on in the world.
Watch this video on YouTube.
Because we are educators in the United States, our experiences and perspectives are going to be somewhat America-centric. However, we believe that the themes of Did You Know? are global in nature and apply to schools and children around the world. We want all children to be successful. We do not view the growing importance of India and China as negative but rather as additional opportunities for everyone in the world. We do not mean to gloss over the very real issues that countries such as India and China face, and we recognize that globalization and “flat world” factors have downsides just like other societal shifts. We prefer, however, to focus on the positive benefits and on doing what we can to help children learn and grow so that they may become successful digital, global citizens.
Quote from shifthappens.wikispaces.com