The Googlebot is crawling content on the Internet for Google’s index every day, every night, non stop.
The Google Seach Engine Optimization Starter Guide explains various points on search engine optimization (SEO)!
This SEO Guide first began as an effort to help teams within Google, but than Google thought it’d be just as useful to webmasters that are new to the topic of search engine optimization and wish to improve their sites interaction with both users and search engines. Although this guide won’t tell you any secrets that’ll automatically rank your site first for queries in Google (sorry!), following the best practices outlined below will make it easier for search engines to crawl, index and understand your content.
Table of Contents
– Create unique, accurate page titles
– Make use of the “description” meta tag
Improving Site Structure
– Improve the structure of your URLs
– Make your site easier to navigate
– Offer quality content and services
– Write better anchor text
– Optimize your use of images
– Use heading tags appropriately
Dealing with Crawlers
– Make effective use of robots.txt
– Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links
SEO for Mobile Phones
– Notify Google of mobile sites
– Guide mobile users accurately
Promotions and Analysis
– Promote your website in the right ways
– Make use of free webmaster tools
Update: Detailed information about Search Engine Optimiaztion you can also find in the SEO Tutorial on www.seo-united.de.